And here we are, IBM Informix 12.1 has been oficially launched yesterdayMarch 26th!
This is no revolution, but there is a large number of really useful new functionality, and still more robustness, simplicity and performance
What do we have in the basket?
- TimeSeries performance again strongly improved
- Spatial datablade conformity to ESRI 10.1
- index and BLOB compression
- performance enhancement of distributed queries
- real-time feed of DataMart data into Informix Warehouse Accelerator, allowing a single infrastructure to serve simultaneously OLAP and OLTP requests
- integration of IBM Mobile Database (RDBMS InMemory on mobile/smart devices) as a new Informix replication component
- New automatic tablespurge functionality
- New Storage Manager allowing to easily replace ontape with onbar
- instance deployment process made yet easier
- new multi-instance dashboard in Open Admin Tool
- more new SQL statement bringing more ease to migrate from other RDBMS to IBM Informix
- SELECT col1,col2 … INTO Newtable , or CREATE Newtable AS SELECT col1,cl2,etc.. FROM SourceTable
- and still the ability to handle a multi-platform / multi OS cluster with the Flexible Grid
- remodeling of IBM Informix editions
You can visualize the launch webcast at this place
You can also find the detailed new features at this place
Bonne lecture, et ….. enjoy!